· Indicated for decompression over multiple levels in the cervical spine
· Results of decompression are similar to those obtained from multi-level anterior decompression and fusion, but complications are lower.
· Range of motion is not sacrificed.
· Especially indicated in compression caused in part by developmental canal stenosis with superimposed spondylosis (degeneration)
· Many Types of Laminoplasty
· Choice depends on surgeon preference
· Open “Trap Door” (Modified Hirabayashi) will be described